Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Way They're Connected

I was in Singapore last weekend with my best cousin and my parents. A short trip actually,since we checked-in only a day and a night there before we went to Pasir Gudang to visit my other cousin. We stayed at Geylang,a place where most of the citizens are Malays.

From there,we took the public transportation MRT to reach Orchard Road,a place where all the big shopping malls are located. During the transit,I did notice the differences between their MRT system and our LRT system. One of them is be it MRT or LRT,the size of the coach,interior design and the speed;it's the same.

Secondly,they do have barriers between the station and the train itself,as to increase safety so that there will be no unwanted incidents to take place. Inside of the coach,they do have the route map as we have in our LRT,but what we don't have is they even provide the light indicator which door will open for the next stop.



From our short visit there,I must say that I am impressed with how disciplined Singaporeans are in order to keep up the good work they've shown to people visiting their lawful country. I am not saying that our system isn't good at all,but we can do more to improve what we already have. But of course,the fines there might cause you to consider migrating to Malaysia:)

No comments:

Post a Comment