Sunday, May 13, 2012

Read (Part 2)

In my previous post,I did share something about the importance of reading. Yes,I still and will always encourage people around me to start reading if they haven't start yet,and continue reading if they've started. But this time,I am going to share a picture not of unrelated topic,but from a different angle.


This picture was taken when I was having my lunch on the day I came back from Tioman Island. The girl,a student of a local school was waiting for her brother to send her to school (evening session). While waiting,she took what I believe the entertainment section of the day's newspaper to read. I am not against her will to read,no. On the contrary,I respect her for having the willingness to do that. What I disagree is,the reading material that she chose to read. 

Once,I used to play or have a Tagged.com account. I often made new friends (most of them were girls) while I was active during that time. I did notice however,on their profile,when it comes to "Books",they'll simply put "No",or "Tak minat",or "Tak suke bace",etc. This did bother me,and it still is bothering me until today. The Malays are very famous with having no interest to read at all. And even if they do read,the kind of books/magazines that they choose to read is not helping to improve their knowledge,at all.

It is time to change this attitude. Even the first sentence being taught to our Prophet Muhammad S.A.W was "BACALAH". We should,as Muslims,try our best to follow what has been taught and delivered. And as Malays,I suggest we do postmortem as why are we still behind in everything we do,compared to other races in our very own country.

No comments:

Post a Comment